Top Tips for Using Codefresh to Manage Kubernetes Deployments

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

I’m now working on enhancing our application’s CI/CD process, which we use Kubernetes to deploy. Because of Codefresh’s strong interaction with Kubernetes and intuitive interface, we have selected it as our CI/CD tool.

We’ve run across a few obstacles as we continue to refine our deployment procedures, though, and we’d be interested in learning about your experiences and top tips from this community.

We are looking for advice in the following specific areas:

Optimising Build Times: We haven’t been able to deploy as quickly as we would have liked because of our longer than anticipated build times. Which Codefresh setups or tactics have you found to be successful in shortening build times? Do you have any recommendations for particular build strategies or caching mechanisms?

Managing Secrets: Throughout the CI/CD process, it is essential to securely manage and access secrets. In Codefresh, how do you maintain secrets, particularly when working with different environments? :thinking: Which third-party integrations or built-in tools do you think work very well? :thinking:

Managing Rollbacks: We require a solid rollback plan in the event that a deployment fails. Which rollback techniques do you use with Kubernetes and Codefresh? :thinking: Exist any certain setups or procedures that guarantee a seamless and speedy rollback? :thinking:

Monitoring and messages: It’s critical for our team to be informed about the deployment progress and to receive messages on time. Which configurations or tools for monitoring and notifications do you use with Codefresh? :thinking: How do you make sure that any problems are quickly communicated to your team? :thinking:

Scaling Pipelines: Our CI/CD pipelines become more sophisticated as our team expands. In order to handle larger teams and more intricate procedures, how do you expand and manage your pipelines in Codefresh? :thinking:

I also followed this :point_right: https://codefresh.io/learn/kubernetes-deployment/top-6-kubernetes-deployment-strategies-and-how-to-choose/sap

I would be grateful for any knowledge or firsthand experience you could impart on these subjects. Furthermore, feel free to draw attention to any additional features of Kubernetes migrations with Codefresh which you believe are crucial but which I haven’t covered.

Thank you :pray: in advance.

Hello

If you are evaluating Codefresh it is best to talk with a solution architect for your specific needs.

In the mean time here are some documentation links that cover what you are asking